10.23.2008

Back to the Patch

I really think that preschool should be renamed "Boot Camp for Mothers." As you complete each challenge, moms should be awarded badges-like girl scouts. Since Carson and Kaylin have started preschool my creativity and organizational skills have been put to the test. When I first learned about Pumpkin Patch Day, I had just finalized plans with another mom for "Outdoor Education Day" (We both had two children that needed to be in two different parks at the same time) and was feeling pretty good about our ability to think creatively. As I sat in the van I started to read about Pumpkin Patch Day. I won't go into the details, they are too confusing (even Brad didn't fully understand). The short version is that Carson and Kaylin once again need to be in two places at the same time, I needed to stay with Kaylin and Carter wasn't allowed to join us on this trip. Whew! Even with the help of another mom, I couldn't pull this off. It was time to pull in the "big wig"- Dad! We devised a plan and set it into motion the morning of . . . well normal daily chaos and poor judgement in timing almost cost me my "Pumpkin Patch Badge." Kaylin and I were almost 15 minutes late to the patch. Fortunately, the tour hadn't started.

The morning started with the kids feeding some of the farm animals. Kaylin, who is usually outgoing, hung back and didn't get into things until it was time to leave.


We rode a wagon out to the "pumpkin patch." It was a field of dirt with pumpkins scattered all over it. I heard that the farm ran out of pumpkins and had to go buy some. As you can see by the pictures, it is way colder then it ever should be when you go to pick a pumpkin.


Carson's class arrived at the pumpkin patch about the time that we were leaving. We gave him hugs and gloves and then headed back to school. I am proud to say that I earned my "Pumpkin Patch Badge."

No comments: