We were driving to swim lessons this morning and I had the following conversation with the kids.
Carson: If the earth is a circle, why do we see flat and why don't we fall off? (using his hands he showed me the bottom of the circle where we would fall.)
Me: I told him that we are very, very small on the Earth (like a speck from Horton Hears a Who) and God gave us gravity so we don't fall off.
Kaylin: Yeah! The cow jumped over the moon.
Carson: Does it get light in space during the day?
Me: No. It is dark in space all the time. (I really wanted to pull out a globe and a flashlight and do a mini lesson, but alas, driving a van doesn't really allow for science demonstrations.)
Kaylin: The cow jumped over the moon.
Who wrote that silly nursery rhyme anyway!! It is so unrealistic.
Charlie's Graduation
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment